MODEL : DC-5RM
This 5th generation dynamometer controller is a universal dynamometer controller for all eddy current and generator type dynamometers. With optional Hydraulic Servomotor it can run hydraulic and Water Break dynamometers as well. A Throttle Position sending control is provided from the front panel, and with optional throttle control servomotor can control the engines throttle. In Computer Control mode the actual control mode (manual, speed, torque, road load) and set point can be controlled by the computer along with the throttle position. This allows for fully automated engine/vehicle drive cycle testing.
- 25V to 100V PWM Output
- Current from 3A to 10A
- Small M5 Sensor
- Full PID Control of Torque / SPeed
- Free Software for Logging/Display/li>
- 1 year warranty
*DIY Dynamometer Controller Software*
Our dynamometer controllers are very popular with students who often "hack" the system to perform special functions. To encourage this we have developed several code samples of the basic Dyno Monitor soft ware in LabView, Dasy Lab and Agilent VEE. You can down load these source code files and edit them to make your own custom dyno monitor/controller. In "COMputer" control mode the dyno mode, set point and throttle position are all taken from the computer, allowing closed loop control and automation of your dynamometer. With a little creativity you can also make it into a motor speed controller, load control and many other things.
Feel free to use and spread these samples around. We only ask that you acknowledge that you got the source code from Focus.
In the future look for the "DIY Dyno" as we release a DIY version of our popular Gen 5 dynamometer controller!
* Upload Dynmon Example
Focus warranties against manufacturer’s defects for all of our equipment. Warranty will commence from the date of Delivery.
Focus Applied Technologies strives to provide innovative, technologically advanced ecologically sound products and services to a wide range of end users. Many of our systems contain components, which require routine maintenance and/or replacement. Some of our systems contain separately warrantied sub-systems (eg. pressure sensors in combustion analysis systems, wide band oxygen sensors in Air/Fuel Meters) in which case we pass on the manufacturers warranty. Our warranty policy is designed to insure appropriate quality assurance to our valued customers given the demanding environment of our product development schedule.
Limited Warranty conditions:
- The product is covered, under the terms listed herein, for a duration of 1 year from the delivery date.
- This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship, which cause system failure within the warranty period due to normal use.
- Focus will repair or replace defective components as required.
- Failures due to inappropriate installation and/or maintenance are only covered if Focus is responsible for the installation and maintenance
- Separately warrantied sub systems will carry the original manufacturer’s warranty. This includes, but is not limited to, the major subsystems such as: Pressure sensor/amplifiers, Wide-Band oxygen sensors and display and similar.
The warranty is not applicable to:
- Damage or loss caused by modification, alteration, repair by any unauthorized party.
- Failures of the system caused by inappropriate use, abuse, significant over-speeding, flooding, or excessive Electro Static discharge (eg. lightening strike).
- Damage or loss caused by mishandling of the customer or person(s) that has accessed to the Product in the customer’s premise.
- Damage or loss caused by natural disaster or any other sources beyond Focus’s control.
- Damage or loss as a result of external bodies.
- Damage or loss caused by another device that is connected to the Product.
- Damage resulting from accidents, misuse, abuse, tampering or failure of the customer to follow normal operating procedures outlined in the user manual.