DIGITAL FUEL SCALE
This digital gravimetric fuel scale weight fuel as it is consumed by the engine under test. The data is fed to the computer via serial (RS-232) communications link, allowing seamless integration with our dynamometer and DAQ systems. The weight of fuel is measured as a function of time allowing direct measurements of fuel consumption, and calculation of Break Specific Fuel Consumption (BSFC), and Fuel Mass Flow rate, for calculation of actual Air Fuel Ration (AFR) when combined with an air flow sensor.
- 0.1 to 0.1 precision available
- 3.0 to 6.0 kg maximum fuel weight
- RS 232 Serial Communication
- Compatible with Focus Dyno Monitor
- Compatible with all types of fuel
The Dyno Monitor program can communicate with several devices via serial port (RS-232) connections. We use this to report speed, torque, power and Throttle settings from the Dynamometer Controller, and we get fuel weight readings from the Fuel Scale this way as well. Fuel consumption is calculated by the change in the fuel tank mass divided by the amount of time lapsed. This is done in 2 ways: (1) an engine is run in a steady condition for say 1 minute and the change in fuel mass during this 1 minute test if the fuel consumption in grams/minute as that condition. Alternatively a test sequence is run, for example the ECE-R40 test pattern, and the total fuel consumed is calculated. The total fuel consumed over the test can then be expressed in terms of distance traveled (about 1km for the ECE-R40 test) divided by the volume of fuel consumed, eg. km/liter.
For information about using the dynamic-weight scale as a fuel scale, see the info sheet "Dynamic-weight measurements (fuel scale)"
Focus warranties against manufacturer’s defects for all of our equipment. Warranty will commence from the date of Delivery.
Focus Applied Technologies strives to provide innovative, technologically advanced ecologically sound products and services to a wide range of end users. Many of our systems contain components, which require routine maintenance and/or replacement. Some of our systems contain separately warrantied sub-systems (eg. pressure sensors in combustion analysis systems, wide band oxygen sensors in Air/Fuel Meters) in which case we pass on the manufacturers warranty. Our warranty policy is designed to insure appropriate quality assurance to our valued customers given the demanding environment of our product development schedule.
Limited Warranty conditions:
- The product is covered, under the terms listed herein, for a duration of 1 year from the delivery date.
- This warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship, which cause system failure within the warranty period due to normal use.
- Focus will repair or replace defective components as required.
- Failures due to inappropriate installation and/or maintenance are only covered if Focus is responsible for the installation and maintenance
- Separately warrantied sub systems will carry the original manufacturer’s warranty. This includes, but is not limited to, the major subsystems such as: Pressure sensor/amplifiers, Wide-Band oxygen sensors and display and similar.
The warranty is not applicable to:
- Damage or loss caused by modification, alteration, repair by any unauthorized party.
- Failures of the system caused by inappropriate use, abuse, significant over-speeding, flooding, or excessive Electro Static discharge (eg. lightening strike).
- Damage or loss caused by mishandling of the customer or person(s) that has accessed to the Product in the customer’s premise.
- Damage or loss caused by natural disaster or any other sources beyond Focus’s control.
- Damage or loss as a result of external bodies.
- Damage or loss caused by another device that is connected to the Product.
- Damage resulting from accidents, misuse, abuse, tampering or failure of the customer to follow normal operating procedures outlined in the user manual.